SnapBizz – The “third eye” to the FMCG Industry
In the past few years, the FCMG industry in India has undergone massive changes driven by daily evolving market dynamics such as the advent of E-com and eB2B companies, digital payments, many highly successful FMCG start-ups, fluctuating cost structures (and hence pricing models), ever-changing consumer behaviour of new generation etc.
Therefore, it is critical to keep pace with the changes in market using real-time and accurate business data/ metrics. Today, the FMCG brands depend heavily on two metrics (given below) to make important decisions and to assess their business health and growth prospects.
What are the two established metrics being used?
- The retail-based measurement system: This measures value/volume sales and shares based on off-take of a representative set of stores
- The household panel: This measures value and volume based purchases by households, along with gain / loss analysis at household level, covering all types of households
Do we know anything about the shopper’s basket, especially in traditional trade (Kirana stores)?
None. There are no metrics which help us understand shopping behaviour in traditional trade; questions such as:
- What is a typical basket composition in category/ brand/ SKU? What is my basket share (within category/ within brand)?
- What kind of baskets do we see? Largely large or small pack? Filled with popular or premium brands? More of discounted / items on offer, or full price? Evidence of bulk buying or top up?
- What the impact of any changes my brand may have made in product formulation, price, packaging and positioning/targeting?
- What is the impact of new or changed communication, or sales promotions on purchase? Does this increase, and by how much, if it does?
- Are there opportunities to use knowledge on cross category purchase to cross-sell and up-sell?
- What is the real selling price of different brands / SKUs and how do they compare with the MRP? With the overall category averages?
- What is the purchase behaviour of loose/unbranded items in my category?
The last point above is especially intriguing. There is no mechanism to effectively track unbranded space which is approx. 50% of the FMCG sales (% can vary based on the category).
SnapBizz has got you covered there. We keep an eye on shopping baskets for you!
SnapBizz collects over 3 million baskets / bill data per month. We work with our own network of 100s of kirana stores from across the top 7 cities. This helps us understand the shopping behaviour , straight from the point of sale, at traditional trade outlets. SnapBizz provides a much-needed third aspect – the shopping basket.
We provide actionable insights based on FMCG shopper baskets. These insights are backed by real time purchase data. Each of our stores registers around 1000 bills/month and a GMV of around INR 800,000 a month (per store). Given below is a snapshot of what we can give you.
Jumping into the basket – Key to success in traditional trade
E-commerce has been able to successfully find means to jump a product into shopper baskets, by giving shoppers contextual suggestions based on their browsing behaviour, cart behaviour and previous purchase history.
SnapBizz now enables FMCG brands to implement contextual couponing/sales in Kirana stores. Since we enable you to understand customer basket level data, we can help you create meaningful interventions accordingly.
If you wish to learn more about your brand/category/SKU performance and insights based on basket data, do write back to us on email@example.com